Some 25 years ago I was sitting in the church college class when the teacher said his favorite movie was Die Hard. What kind of Sunday School teacher was he? I figured he must have run gambling rings, went out for drunken brawls on the weekends, and was probably a closet Satanist when you get right down to it. What was ‘he’ doing watching movies with all that cussing and even nudity? He can’t do that and teach me the Bible…heathen!
Oh wait. I had seen that movie…ummm, more than once…but, hey, I was only a college kid. God looks at ‘non-church leadership’ differently, right?
Not only do you get TWO FREE points with this blog…you also get a way kool solution! Bring on the Rated R movies!
- Are you in any kind of leadership at your church? Don’t cause your brother to stumble. I Cor. 8:13 – Therefore, if food causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause my brother to stumble. Duh, no brainer. Usually when all is said and done, more is said. I’m leaving it there…for now. (no, this is not treatise on this topic)
Bonus: Phil. 4:8 FILTER: Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure (uh oh), whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. (again, not a treatise)
- Don’t want you or your kids to miss out on awesome movies that you know have glaringly sinful stuff? I have the solution for you! Clearplay Blu-Ray and DVD Players from Family Safe Media (http://familysafemedia.com/edited_movies_-_parental_control_dvd_player.html). Yep, this is an unsolicited plug (but you can still tell ’em that Pastor Patrick sent ya!)
HOW IT WORKS
- You rent whatever movie you want (or own)
- The player mutes all the cussing out and it even skips over inappropriate scenes (most of the time, you can’t even tell it skipped a scene)
- Personally, I’m okay with some violence that I might not let my kids watch
- No problemo, I change the settings as desired
- I can even choose to have it remove ‘mushiness’
- You purchase the player and pay a 1, 2, or 3 year subscription that updates the movie patches to a thumb drive
- Finally, make sure to tell your kids that they can’t go out and blab that they just watched a “bad” movie without including that they watched the Clearplay version
Do more than movies with your kids. Get involved in the Children’s Ministry at your church!